09/02/2014

My lavender routine.





I always want my home to smell good, so I clean, I use scented candle lights, 

and sometimes incense. But my lavender routine, I do almost everyday. 

     1.  I get my essential lavender oils from the pharmacy here in Norway.
     2.  start by boiling water. 
     3.  fill up a cup or bowl.
     4.  add 3-5 drops of lavender
     5.  place the cup anywhere you want, and let the good smell fill the room.   





I usually make 3 cups, and place them around in my living room. But this is actually also really good if you feel a cold coming, or if someone in your family already is sick and feel like it's hard to breathe.
Just place the cup on your bedside table a couple of minutes before you go to sleep, and it helps. 


A couple of more things you can do with the lavender, you can add a few drops when you steam your face to open pores. I also cleanse my face with lavender once a week. I take a cotton pad, add water and 1-2 drops of the oil and wipe my face. Rinse really good after and apply your favorite lotion. 



  

18 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea! I just would have to do it with peppermint oil or something similar because I'm allergic to lavender. But I really want to try it out now. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy, and a good way to get your home smelling nice.
      And you can do it with any scent you want :)

      Delete
  2. Wow I wish I could take pictures like that.

    Michelle F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and fail, try and fail, and get better at it :)

      Delete
  3. I never thought to do this. I am learning all about oil right now and the different ways to use it. SO this was a fantastic read that really helped me. Thanks for sharing! PS also your photos are stunning:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then maybe you know a trick or two I don't?
      Write a blogpost about it and I will sneak over for a peak ;)

      Delete
  4. OK...you take amazing photos!!!!

    I haven't tried essential oils yet in that manner, but I love the way lavender smells. It is a very relaxing, comforting scent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I try ;)

      Yes it is. And as I wrote - it's can help loosen up if you are having a cold.
      My favorite smell of all.

      Delete
  5. I love the way you photograph and display what you're talking about in a post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such sweet words.

      I rarely post text without any photos.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the smell of lavender! Nothing is more soothing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These shots are fantastic... I love the calm in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      Was trying really hard to capture the drops of the oils.

      Delete
  8. I love that idea! And your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and you should try it.
      Smells fantastic!

      Delete
  9. Så smart! Jeg elsker duftlys og diffusere, men de er ofte ganske dyre. Dette virker som en rimelig og effektfull løsning :-) Fin dag til deg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oljene kan være dyre, alt etter hvor du kjøper dem.
      Men man trenger ikke mange dråpene i hver kopp, så sånn sett varer det lenge.

      klem.

      Delete