08/02/2014

Print & colours



January went by in a second,
and we are almost halfway through February alreadyWe are coming up on spring fast, and I feel the need to surround myself with colours and prints. 

My taste in interior have changed through the years. I started very bohemian, with a red velvet couch and 
big colourful blankets on the walls. I think I had an overdose of colour, because after that - I went totally
monochrome. Only black and white, mixed with some silver. The last couple of years it's been
rustic/shabby/bohemian only. A mix of white, wood and grey. 

And now, I miss colours. 

I love flea markets, and the schools in Norway always have a lot of them when spring comes. 
I look forward to going. See if I can find more old-dining chairs, carpets, cups and plates. I also need art
for my walls. 

My gorgeous table I plan to sand down, and stain in a natural brown colour, 
but I have to wait until spring/summer to do this. Since it's a lot of work, and needs to be done outside.

My dining-chairs are also getting a make over, two of them going from white to turquoise, not sure what
to do with the others yet. I have to think it over, and maybe search pinterest for inspiration. 

But I started collecting some elements with print yesterday. These small bowls and a kitchen cloth. 
 I bought them at KID , and they are so cute.  

Do you feel the need for more colour for spring?
Or do you have other ways of welcoming this season?


PS. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my last post!


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. And yes, color in the spring! I love to livin' up my home during the different seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next on my list is to buy some fresh flowers for my table.
      Can hardly wait for spring and summer to come

      Delete
  2. I just love your photos. Love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In some weird way, even tho there is a lot of print it's not overwhelming.
      And the colours are good.

      Delete
  3. I search Pinterest for inspiration too. :) Good luck with your chair makeover, I'd love to see it online when it's done if you feel like posting it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be plenty of photos of our home comming.
      And I will surely show off the chairs when they are done :)

      Delete
  4. Wow those pics are gorgeous! I love pinterest! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love pinterest so much. And I find a lot of inspiration there.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Me too. It was love with first sight.

      Delete
  6. I love colors and would love to see spring arrive... The fabric above is beautiful and I love the color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It's been raining here for days, and all the snow is gone.
      Hoping for at least a little sun soon.

      Delete
  7. Helt underbara bilder!! Du är RÅ FLINK

    Glada hälsningar från Sessan på andra sidan älven ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen takk Sessan :)
      Øvelse gjør mester... Vel, mester skal jeg ikke skryte på meg. Men bedre enn når jeg startet. hehe....

      God vår til deg, og jeg regner med sola skinner som pokker hos deg akkurat nå.

      Delete