09/03/2014

Thrift-picks







So these are the textiles I found in the thrift store the other day.
All of them are tablecloths, but can of course be used as whatever I want.
At 20 kr a pop (2.41 EUR) they were a bargain.

I love going to thrift stores and flea markets. I love old things. Things with soul. Things you can't find on IKEA. And I love that most of these things are cheap!!!

Before our last move, I sold most of our things. And I'm slowly in the process of buying "new" things, but I'm taking my time. I don't want anything temporary, I rather wait until the "right" things comes along.

I will surely go back to that thrift store, a day when I have nothing but time. So I can have a good look, and maybe even drink a cup of coffee and chat a little with the old ladies who work there. Because in the "library" part of the shop, you can sit down and buy something to drink and eat!
Such a lovely place.







Ah, and yes. The wall piece. I don't know what else to call it. It's missing its suspension, so I have to make something. It's colour full and I love it...



14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful fabric and vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm happy with the found. And looking forward to going back when I have the time.
      There were so many pretty fabrics and other things there.

      Delete
  2. The wall piece will make a great statement when you are done putting something to hang it and I can't wait to see the result. I will be checking soon to see it. You also had great textile there - maybe frame some of them too along with the wall piece and you will have a great wall statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what to do with the textiles yet, maybe some of the pinks can find a new home in my daughter's bed.
      And for the wall piece, I think I want it in the kitchen or close to the dining table. I'll figure it out soon enough.

      Delete
  3. You had a great thrifting day! I love days like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some wonderful finds there and love all of them. I too love going to the thrift store because just like you, I love old things. I love old things that have character, meaning, and history and they make great things back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right. I forgot to mention that in my post, that they made GREAT things back then!
      Lately I've been searching for vintage strollers, like the ones from the 1970-80... Pinning them like crazy, hehe.

      Delete
  5. beautiful finds!! I too love thrift store shopping. I would call her Hestia, goddess of home and hearth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goddess of home and heart!

      I like that.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I love all beautiful textiles :)
      Can't get enough.

      Delete