21/06/2014

Late night Rambling



I just finished cleaning the kitchen. It's been a few busy days... 

After a lot of thinking, I decided to get rid of everything we own and move across the Country with close to nothing. The moment I made up my mind, I felt relieved. That was until I started opening drawers and cabinet doors. I thought we didn't have much, and in one way we didn't, but that's not counting the small stuff. Because oh my, small stuff was everywhere... Hidden, in those drawers and behind doors. 
How are yours?

Anyway. I collected everything and placed it in one room, then posted both on facebook and on other sites that people were welcome to have a look, take what they needed and leave as much money as they wanted in a jar by the door when they left. And people came. Some payed good money, some not so much - but it was fine. I was just happy to see things disappear. And everything people didn't buy, was picked up by a thrift store later for free! Today I sold the couch, and Sunday (the day we leave) the bed will be picked up by someone...  

When we get to Bodø, it truly will be a new start. 

But before we move into the new apartment, we will spend a week at my father's place, then I will attend the Pearl Jam concert in Oslo on my birthday, and we will also visit my mother in Lofoten - for the first time in 8 years. Can't wait to take pictures up there, it's breathtaking.

It will be some exciting and busy weeks for sure.


2 comments:

  1. I was younger than you, and Tamika was only 6 months old. But I remember moving with only a suitcase. Teak and I shared a mattress for months and months. I had two cups and two plates. I was one of the best times in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me smile, and I believe you....
      Having less, can make us more happy I think.....

      Delete